(updated January 24, 2022) – Due to the recent announcement of the Province’s revised restrictions and opening schedules, Kanata Theatre will be moving the opening night performance of “Outside Mullingar” two weeks forward to February 15th. Your current tickets will continue to be valid and will be used for entry to the Theatre. Current COVID protocols will remain in place with 50% occupancy, full vaccination requirement for patrons aged 12+, and masks to be worn at all times.
Please see below the previous performance dates with the updated new dates:
February 1st – February 15th
February 2nd – February 16th
February 3rd – February 17th
February 4th – February 18th
February 5th – February 19th
February 8th – February 22nd
February 9th – February 23rd
February 10th – February 24th
February 11th – February 25th
February 12th – February 26th
So, if your original tickets were for February 1st, they will now be for the show on February 15th and so on.
Box Office Hours
At this time, our Ticket Box will be closed before and during performances. Should you require a ticket exchange, please contact the box office 72 hours before the performance by e-mail or at the number below and we will be glad to help you. Tickets that cannot be printed at home, can be picked up at the theatre during your performance night. Our volunteer greeters will be glad to assist you.
The $2 exchange fee will not apply at this time.
We regret any inconvenience caused.
We will continue to follow provincial and public health guidelines.
Patrons must remain fully masked while in the building.
All patrons, age 12 and above, must provide proof of identification and proof of being fully vaccinated to attend a performance in the theatre.
Proof of identity can be established using documentation issued by an institution or public body, provided it includes the name of the holder and date of birth. Examples include:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Driver’s licence
- Government (Ontario or other) issued identification card, including health card
- Indian Status Card /Indigenous Membership Card
- Permanent Resident card
Proof of vaccination is either vaccination receipt or enhanced vaccine certificate. A person is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
- The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines, or
- One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or
- Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada; and
- They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
No refunds. Please do not purchase a ticket if you cannot meet these restrictions.